Box Drive (Public Beta) is a new tool that lets you access all of your Box content on your laptop or desktop computer without having to “sync” all of the data down to your computer. Box Drive delivers an experience similar to a traditional network file share, but with quick access to Box’s advanced search, sharing, and collaboration tools.
Important notes about Box Drive:
- Box Drive is a replacement for Box Sync. If you currently use Box Sync, you must un-install Box Sync before you install Box Drive
- Box Drive requires an Internet connection to browse your Box content. If you use Box Sync to access files while offline, we recommend waiting to upgrade to Box Drive until Box Drive is updated with the ability to mark folders as available for offline access.
- Box Drive is available only for Windows 7 (64 bit), Windows 10 (64 bit), Mac OS 10.11, 10.12, and 10.13.
- If you are storing HIPAA or FERPA protected data in your Box account, you should only install Box Drive on devices that have local disk encryption enabled. If you are unsure if your computer has local disk encryption, please contact your local IT support desk.
To get started with Box Drive, take the following steps:
- Download and install Box Drive from this Box Download Page
- Run the Box Drive installer and complete the installation process
- When prompted to login, click Use Single Sign On (SSO)
- Enter your @wustl.edu email address (Note: do not use your department email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click “Log In”
- When prompted, enter your WUSTL Key username and password
Want to learn more about Box Drive? Check out these resources from Box: